GA Consortium 1/17/19 Virtual Meeting Notes Jan 17, 2019 17:19:46 GMT -5
Post by Mary Fitzmaurice on Jan 17, 2019 17:19:46 GMT -5
Hi everyone who was able to attend, and even those who couldn't! Here are a few notes from today's call. Feel free to respond with comments if there's anything you want to add.
- Co-facilitators: Jennifer Sapp and Mary Fitzmaurice
- Introductions. About 14 people on the call from sites around GA as well as representatives from United Way, CareSource, and Wellcare
- Discussed the purpose of the GA Consortia as defined by the group: Increasing awareness of Centering in GA, offering each other support in relevant matters (i.e. generating buy in from offices, community partnerships, patient retention, and so forth)
- Reviewed the frequency and capacity members have for meeting, as well as preferences on type, length and location of meeting. With enough notice, all felt that in person meetings would be best. Preference for quarterly or twice yearly discussed.
- Leadership structure for the Consortium was discussed, a planning committee with shared responsibility was considered, and several volunteers stepped forward to help going forward. Jennifer Sapp in Augusta is currently the point person, and a shared google sheet with contact information will be started in collaboration between Jennifer and CHI.
- There was interest in a subcommittee shared by Naima Simon from DPH to discuss policy and lobbying in GA, specific to creating a cohesive narrative about Centering in the state (she said she herself can't lobby), and a follow up plan was made with those interested in discussing further
- The status of enhanced reimbursement in GA was reviewed including current initiatives summarized in a separate thread.
Next meeting: April 2019 in Macon, GA. Details to be determined by planning committee.
If you are reading this and would like to participate in the next meeting, please say so!